Stinging Insects Los Angeles
Stinging Pests Identification & Control
Identifying a pest is the first step to controlling it. Stinging pests can sometimes be difficult to identify. The difference between a bee, wasp, hornet, or yellow jacket can be challenging to identify.
Stinging pests can be both nerve racking and dangerous. At Ronin Pest Control we’re familiar with all of them. If you are experiencing a problem with any type of stinging pests we can help.
Bees, Wasps, Yellow Jackets, Hornets
Health risks: The dangers of bees, wasps, hornets and yellow jackets reside in two areas. The power of their poison and the number of insects attacking. These insects have the ability to release chemicals attracting members of their nests to attack in volume rendering both adults and children vulnerable to increased risk.
- Control Challenges: Swarming and protectionism of these insects makes it extremely important to utilize a pest control professional for removal.
Scorpions are found in the Los Angeles area and are part of the arachnid family (same as spiders). They have 8 legs and a segmented body with an erect tail. They prefer the dry climates (such as we have in Los Angeles) and must drink water to survive. There are over 1,000 species of scorpions known with varying toxicities.
- Health risks: Scorpions possess neuro-toxic venom which some people are allergic to. There is a significant threat to life of anyone who is stung by a scorpion that possesses the allergy. Other symptoms of a scorpion sting include:
- Swelling at the site of the sting
- Potential for breathing dificulty
- Treatment: Scorpion anti-venom does exist and chances of survival increases if received in time to counteract.
If you have seen a scorpion in or around your home, stay away from it and call us immediately for assistance.