Los Angeles Termite Extermination
Termite Identification & Control
All homes and buildings provide ideal conditions for termite infestation. This is because of the multitude of termite species and their ability to thrive in different temperate zones and eat various foods. Termites, like most of us need food, some moisture, shelter, and a temperature they like. Southern California is largely prone to termites due to our temperate climate.
Types of Termites:
The types of termites Los Angeles homes and buildings get infested by can be any of the four mentioned below
- Subterranean Termites
- Drywood Termites
- Formosan Termites
- Dampwood Termites
- What they eat: Termites feed on dead plants, dead trees, and wood. In a house they’ll typically feed on foundations, furniture, bookshelves, and even books and insulation.
- Where they live: The drywood termite live inside the wood while they are consuming it and can also be found in walls and furniture. Subterranean termites live in the ground. They form tunnel systems and leave them to obtain food above the ground.
Signs of Termite Damage
- Structural Damage
- Swollen Floors
- Wall Cracks
- Cracked or Bubbling Paint
- Termite Droppings
- Discarded Wings
- A swarm of winged termites in your home
How to Protect your Home
The first step in protecting your home is to have it inspected for damages. Our trained Los Angeles pest control technicians will do that for you when you call or contact us using our discount coupon form. In addition you should do the following:
- Remove Food Sources: Keep lumber and firewood away from your home. Place screens on vents. Don’t let wood from your house touch the soil.
- Remove Moisture Issues: Repair leaking faucets, plugged rain gutters, and seal entry points around your home. Air conditioning unit accesses tend to be an area of common neglect.